Couchbase Adds App Services to Enhance Couchbase Capella with Mobile Support, Allowing Developers to More Easily Build Modern Distributed Applications
Addition of Mobile Support Enhances Capella's Position as an Industry-leading Database-as-a-Service,
"Mobile capabilities are a key component for our customers' modern applications, and we selected
Without built-in, robust bi-directional synchronization, developers have to design and build this complex capability themselves to prevent mobile applications from suffering from downtime, incorrect or lost data, delayed operations unpredictable costs and frustrated end users. Reliability is a core attribute of today's modern applications and must be powered by a database that can support backend app services and synchronization to maintain data integrity and consistency. This produces applications that can be depended on for business-critical use cases and require high availability, security, and speed.
"Organizations need a database that can meet modern performance demands; with Capella we are uniquely positioned to significantly improve flexibility, deliver distributed and mobile experiences and drive down the total cost of ownership for customers," said Scott Anderson, senior vice president of Product Management at
Integrating mobile capabilities into Capella means that customers get the best of
- Easy to build for developers: Capella is a one-stop shop for developers, who can leverage SQL, APIs, and extensive platform SDKs to build fast and resilient mobile apps. These apps can include user-generated content like photos and videos, sync from the cloud to edge and deliver offline-first data access, peer-to-peer sync and automatic conflict resolution.
- Easy to manage for architects: Deploy and manage users, authentication and both the DBaaS and mobile sync services through a single easy-to-use interface. App Services connect to edge and mobile devices, facilitate security, high availability, and data synchronization which makes it easier for architects to manage their application backend.
- Easy to own for executives: Capella App Services includes comprehensive security, world-class scale and predictable costs, delivering engaging business-to-employee and business-to-consumer applications such as gaming, field employee support and customer experience.
Couchbase Capella App Services is available now in private beta for customers. Please contact a
- Read this blog post for more information about Capella and Mobile App Services
- Start a free trial of Capella now by clicking here
- Watch these videos to find out how Emirates, PepsiCo and
Louis Vuittonbuilt high performing modern apps that are always on and always connected with Couchbase
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/couchbase-adds-app-services-to-enhance-couchbase-capella-with-mobile-support-allowing-developers-to-more-easily-build-modern-distributed-applications-301560155.html
Media Contact: James Kim, Couchbase Communications, couchbasePR@couchbase.com, (650) 417-7500