Couchbase Introduces New Operational Efficiencies, Dramatically Reducing Deployment Costs for Modern Applications
Couchbase Server 7.1 Improves Performance and Storage Efficiency, Reduces Cluster Footprint by Up to 10x and Lowers Total Cost of Ownership
Integration with Tableau Expands Operational Analytics Capabilities
SANTA CLARA, Calif. ,
"More organizations are experiencing the drawbacks of deploying first-generation cloud architectures, and one of the main disadvantages is the cost of cloud instance sprawl," said
The new Couchbase Server 7.1 enhancements provide better performance while reducing the number of cluster nodes required to handle larger volumes of data. It delivers an extremely affordable total cost of ownership compared to other multimodel NoSQL alternatives. Customers will benefit from the following:
- Improved cluster efficiency and performance which lowers deployment costs by introducing a new high-density storage engine that increases node storage capacity by more than 3x, increases write throughput by 4x and lowers memory consumption by 10x. Customers can dramatically drive down cluster costs, size and complexity. This means that existing clusters can become up to 10 times more efficient while handling three times more data. In addition, new clusters can start smaller using lower commodity hardware instances, and grow more efficiently, giving customers the ability to be significantly more cost-efficient in supporting classic database use cases.
- Expanded support for ARM processors, offering higher performance while lowering power consumption and reducing cloud operating expenses. Customers can develop containerized,
Couchbase-powered applications on local Apple M1 systems and easily deploy them to AWS Graviton-based instances. This practice can further reduce customer infrastructure costs by up to 50%.
"Some database companies only offer specialized databases for very specific workloads.
Enhanced Operational Analytics with Direct Tableau Integration
Modern organizations require operational processing of transactions, interactions and analytics upon active data to meet the intelligence and performance demands of their global business. A new direct Tableau connector enables operational analytics in
"Integrating Tableau's leading analytics platform with
Couchbase Server 7.1 is available today and can be downloaded here.
- For more information about what's new in Couchbase Server 7.1, read this blog post.
- Register for a webinar with guest analyst
Boris Evelsonfrom Forrester Research in the US, EMEA or APAC time zones.
- Read more about how customers are modernizing with
- Read the 5th Annual Couchbase Digital Transformation research report here.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/couchbase-introduces-new-operational-efficiencies-dramatically-reducing-deployment-costs-for-modern-applications-301543688.html
James Kim, Couchbase Communications, couchbasePR@couchbase.com, (650) 417-7500