Couchbase Announces Microsoft Azure Support for Industry Leading Capella Database-as-a-Service
Microsoft Azure Customers Worldwide Gain Access to Capella to Take Advantage of the Scalability, Reliability and Agility of
Capella on Azure allows customers to improve alignment with applications and support hybrid and multi-cloud strategies from a single platform. In addition, it offers best-in-class price-performance when compared to other DBaaS offerings.
"With Capella on Microsoft Azure, customers around the world can easily deploy premium-experience modern applications to run on the trusted Azure platform," said
Capella is a fully managed DBaaS that offloads database management, dramatically lowers total cost of ownership, delivers database flexibility for developers and enables performance at scale to build modern applications. Capella's new user experience—inspired by popular developer-centric tools like GitHub—and the familiarity of SQL++ as the query language lowers the learning curve for developers and other users across organizations, leading to greater agility and productivity.
Couchbase Capella customer benefits include:
- Development flexibility. Capella is a fully managed JSON document and key-value database with SQL access and built-in full-text search, eventing and analytics to easily support many use cases for customers.
- Cost efficiency at scale. Capella's unique real-time, memory-first architecture ensures millisecond responses for highly interactive and personalized applications while the best-in-class price-performance keeps improving as users scale.
- Mobile and IoT app synchronization. With Capella App Services, users can be guaranteed that mobile and IoT apps are always on—regardless of web connectivity and speed—due to Capella's unique sync, store, query, search and analytics capabilities at the edge.
- High availability and automated scaling. Customers can easily add, remove or modify nodes to meet current needs with no application changes required. This means they get guaranteed global reliability of data across all regions and availability zones via native replication across geo-aware, multi-cloud clusters.
- Multi-cloud. Customers can easily build and run applications across cloud service providers with just a few clicks.
"We are investing heavily in making Capella more accessible than ever before to give developers and organizations a cloud database platform to power their most mission-critical applications," said Scott Anderson, senior vice president of product management and business operations at
Couchbase Capella on Azure will be generally available in the first quarter of 2023. For more information about Couchbase Capella on Azure, please read this blog post.
- To find out about all the ways
Couchbasecan be deployed in any cloud, visit this page.
- For more information about what's new in Capella, including the expanded developer community initiatives, read this blog post.
Modern customer experiences need a flexible database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/couchbase-announces-microsoft-azure-support-for-industry-leading-capella-database-as-a-service-301724460.html
James Kim, couchbasePR@couchbase.com, Couchbase Communications